Sunday, March 22, 2009

Prem Rawat Maharaji Biography Page 16

"When I was very young, about 11 or 12 years old, people used to say that I was controversial. And I'd think about it - how controversial can an 11 year old child be? Some people used to say, "He is God." I used to tell people, "I am not God." I used to tell people clearly, and I tell them now as well: My work is to take you to that place within you. That, I can do."

In 1984, he visited Taiwan, Ireland and Greece, and returned to New York, Birmingham (UK), Leicester, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Tokyo, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Fiji, Los Angeles, Santa Monica (CA), Miami Beach, Miami, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Milan, Lausanne (France), Versailles, Mainz (Germany), Copenhagen, Edinburgh, London, Leicester, Manchester, Dublin, Newark (NJ), Longmont (CO), Barranquilla (Colombia), Lima, Mendoza, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Caracas and Brighton (UK).

As well as traveling extensively, he moved his home base from Miami to Malibu in 1984, and began training part-time instructors. The following year he visited Ghana, Zambia, Mauritius, Tahiti, Ecuador, Israel and Cote d’Ivoire. Tours of North America, Europe and the South Pacific also took place, as well as a huge event in Delhi.

In 1987 Prem broke a long held Indian tradition by conducting Knowledge reviews personally. Students could review the techniques of Knowledge from the teacher himself, rather than an intermediary instructor.

The following year, he began to conduct the Knowledge sessions also, and to oversee the entire process, though instructors were still needed. It was not until much later that the DVD-recorded auto-Knowledge system arrived, but a major transition had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment